RTI-Projects: Basic Research 2023
Digitalisation, intelligent production and materials
The funding of basic research projects is intended to strengthen scientific research in the fields of action of the RTI Strategy Lower Austria 2027. The fields of action of the RTI Strategy Lower Austria 2027 include:
- Health and nutrition
- Environment, climate and resources
- Digitalisation, intelligent production and materials
- Society and culture
The call "RTI-projects 2023: basic research" (FTI23-G) is focussed on the field of action "Digitalisation, intelligent production and materials" of the RTI strategy Lower Austria 2027.
Within the scope of this field of action, research should focus on new technologies in the sense of (application-oriented) basic research.
The following topics (and beyond) might be addressed: surface technology, tribology, 3D printing, additive manufacturing, robotics, aerospace, big data, data security (cybersecurity), virtual and augmented reality and the Internet of Things, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cognitive products, blockchain and dlt (distributed ledger technology), cryptography, advanced materials, new sensors and sensor systems.
The projects should contribute to the following objectives of the funding instrument:
- Expansion of research competencies in Lower Austria within the framework of the addressed topic
- Increasing the visibility and profiling of the location
- Expansion of cooperation between the institutions involved; Cooperation and consortia in the projects should go beyond third-party services;
- The aim is the joint scientific processing of a problem by the project partners
- Contribution to innovations and to solving economic, ecological, technological and social challenges; among other things through access to scientific information (Open Access)
Submission end: Jun 30, 2023, 12:00pm
Applications for this call can be submitted until 30. June 2023, 12 noon. To start your application, please select "Apply now".